Back to Articles
||The EMDR Self Assessment Quiz
Do you have some unresolved issues? Could you benefit from EMDR?
To find out, take this brief self test.
1. Think of something that bothers you.
2. What negative feelings are you experiencing?
3. What negative thought do you have? Examples: worthless, not good enough, inadequate, vulnerable (not safe)
4. Now, allow yourself to float back to an earlier time, perhaps sometime in childhood with your parents, when you felt and thought the same way. When was that time?
5. If you have identified an earlier time, on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is no disturbance and 10 is a high as you can imagine, how distressing are these feelings right now?
6. If you rated this memory at a “2” or higher, then that memory has become stuck and could benefit from being reprocessed with EMDR.
Find an EMDR therapist>